More than 20 classic games include such recognisable names as Pac-Man, Arkanoid, Space Invaders and Puzzle Bobble, with more titles to be added soon.
The games have been created using HTML5 so they open in next to no time, and although they’re designed for use on Android and iOS, you can also play them on your Desktop via a pop-up window. To get started, simply open Messenger, tap the gamepad icon at the bottom of the screen and tap Play next to a game.
Here’s a list of the launch titles with a short description of each, ranked roughly in order of quality from best to worst:
- Galaga (Bandai Namco) – Classic arcade vertical space ship shooter, rebuilt so you only get one life for short sessions.
- Space Invaders (Taito) – Classic arcade space shooter.
- EverWing (Blackstorm) – 1942-style vertical scrolling space ship shooter with impressive graphics and speed.
- Endless Lake (Spilgames) – Gorgeous Temple Run meets Monument Valley runner game with funky art.
- Arkanoid (Taito) – Classic arcade brick-breaking paddle game with decent mobile controls.
- Words With Friends Frenzy (Zynga) – Rapid-fire Scrabble game that takes some practice.
- Hex FRVR (FRVR) – Tetris meets Candy Crush-style puzzler where you form lines until you’re out of moves.
- Pac-Man (Bandai Namco) – Classic arcade game but with poor mobile swipe controls so you miss tunnels and die.
- Shuffle Cats Mini (King) – Card-flicking shooting gallery game that utilizes touch for speed and direction.
- Wordalot (MAG Interactive) – Scrabble meets crossword puzzle timed competition, fun and different though frustrating.
Social gaming was big on desktop. But on mobile, everything has gotten social slapped on as an after-thought.
- Facebook’s head of Messenger, David Marcus
- ZooKeeper (Kiteretsu) – Timed Candy Crush with cute 8-bit graphics but too long of game sessions.
- Track & Field 100M (Konami) – Alternating button mashing speed trial with computer opponents who are too fast.
- Brick Pop (Gamee) – Dots-style puzzle game that feels too random
- Bust-A-Move Blitz (Taito / Blackstorm) – Bubble-matching puzzle shooter that feels too slow.
- 2020 Connect (Softgames) – Candy Crush meets Threes puzzler that feels too stodgy for Messenger.
- Templar 2048 (Vonvon) – Threes-style timed matching puzzle that’s a bit confusing.
- The Tribez: Puzzle Rush (Game Insight) – Candy Crush Clone with lame dinosaur theme.
The classics like Galaga and Space Invaders are the best on the platform, with new titles like EverWing and Endless Lake showing innovative ways to make games fun and quick.
Credits To: express.co.uk, clubit.tv, techcrunch.com, pressreader.com
MZTech is the founder and owner of MZTechBlog.Com. He works as a Programmer, has the skills in the field of web programming and networking.